Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Respect The Man You Chose



Being respectful will resurrect the man you fell in love with. You're too smart to have married a dumb guy, so if he seems dumb now, it's because you're focused on his shortcomings. It's not that you made a mistake in marrying him, it's that you've been focused on his mistakes since you married him. A man who feels respected by the woman who knows him best also feels self-respect, which is far more attractive than cowering and hostility.
Lack of respect causes more divorces than cheating does because for men, respect is like oxygen. They need it more than sex. Respect means that you don't dismiss, criticize, contradict or try to teach him anything. Of course he won't do things the same way you do; for that, you could have just married yourself. But with your respect, he will once again do the things that amazed and delighted you to begin with -- so much so that you married him.

Here is what I am currently working on: "NOT TO EVER DISAGREE WITH HIM IN FRONT OF OTHERS."
This is my personal decision and I am working so hard to imbibe it even down to my subconscious state. That no matter how different his opinion on a subject is, I'll never voice my disagreement in front of his friends, family, the kids etc. we can always have our own little talk when we are alone and that is of course if the subject is important. Seriously, I think I am enjoying it cos when i finally raise the matter in privacy, he is always keen to reason with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment